The mission of the Seaford School District is to instill in its students a sense of pride through excellence, enabling them to be good citizens, contributing members of society, and to successfully compete in a global economy.
Underlying our mission are the following governing values and philosophic beliefs:
A. Governing Values
- Public education is vital to America’s future and is everyone’s responsibility.
- All students deserve a quality education.
- Each individual has fundamental worth and dignity and is to be treated with respect.
- Responsible student behavior is essential to learning.
- All students can learn.
- Students learn in different ways and at different rates.
- Each student has the right to think critically but must present the results of such thinking in a respectful manner.
- Students who achieve at high levels will develop positive self-esteem and continue to produce positive results.
- Human diversity is a strength upon which we can build.
- A safe, orderly, supportive environment is necessary for learning.
B. Philosophic Beliefs
- Parents will make sure their children are prepared for school and ready to learn, and students will come to school prepared and ready to learn.
- Parents will promote responsible and respectful behavior on the part of their children, and students will conduct themselves as productive school citizens, behaving responsibly and treating others with respect.
- Students will be active learners, working to perform at increasing levels of achievement, and parents will monitor their children’s progress in school.
- School staffs will have high expectations for students and help them meet or exceed those expectations.
- School staffs shall adjust and school programs shall be adjusted to meet the changing needs of students in order to maximize the educational potential of all students.
- School staffs and school programs shall foster the active involvement of the parents, the community, and the students, and parents will maintain regular communications with school staffs.
- School staffs shall endeavor to instill a desire for lifelong learning in students.