Thank you for participating in the 2021 Delaware Teaching and Learning Experiences Surveys. The surveys will help DDOE and your district/charter incorporate the voices of students, families, teachers, and school/district leaders, in shaping guidance around opening of schools in the fall of 2021, address unfinished learning, develop professional development for educators, and support wellness and social and emotional well-being of our students and educators. Responses will be kept anonymous, and all responses will be combined and reported in the aggregate to DDOE and your district/charter.
Links to Live Surveys
- Student survey
- Families survey
- Teacher survey
- School Leader survey
- District Leader survey
Additional Survey Information:
- When will the survey take place? Survey will be launched on Tuesday morning, April 27th and will close at 10 p.m. on Tuesday, May 4th, 2021. DDOE will leave the survey open for extended period upon LEA’s request. Please see a detailed timeline below.
- Who should take the survey? Students, families, teachers, and school and district administrators.
- How long will it take to complete the survey?
o Less than 10 minutes for families and students
o Approximately 15 minutes for teachers, school and district leaders
- How will the survey be administered? Respondents will receive an email with a link to the survey from a DDOE email address ([email protected]e.k12.de.us). Parents/guardians will receive two survey invitations; one to complete the family questionnaire and one for their student/s. We encourage parents/guardians to take the survey with their student if in grades Pre-K through Grade 5.
- How will my families and staff know about the survey?
Your district/charter is encouraged to promote the surveys as well, especially to families and students. While DDOE will not send emails to students, you may choose to post student the survey in Schoology.
- What if families do not have access to the internet to answer the survey?
LEAs may provide a paper copy of the survey to families. Attached are PDF versions including Haitian Creole and Spanish translations of the survey and template emails for students and families. LEAs may have parents drop off paper copies at their school. Please send collected responses to DDOE’s via state mail code D370B.
- What if I didn’t get a link to the survey? Please check your spam folder first. If you are still unable to find the email, please email [email protected] .
- When will the results be available for DDOE (statewide) and districts/charters? Live preliminary data will be available to DDOE workgroups and districts/charters as early as Thursday, April 29th. Data in each of the reports will be visible as soon as the n-count thresholds have been met for the respective survey groups (15 for families and students, and 10 for educators). URL links will be provided for each report once n-count thresholds have been met.