We have several updates for our community.
As you are aware schools are closed for the next two weeks. We know this time off from school can be unsettling for both the students and parents, so we want to provide some updates and resources for our families.
We will work this week to Deep Clean our buildings. Our custodians will follow a protocol recommended by health officials. This will take some time so all buildings will be closed until Wednesday March 18.
If parents need to pick up any medication that was left at school you can do so by calling the school office Wednesday March 18 from 8:00-10:00. Our nurses will be in the buildings starting at 10:00 on Wednesday and will be able to return medication at this time.
Seaford School District will serve meals from our food trucks at four Seaford sites beginning Wednesday, March 18th. This service will be similar to our popular Summer Food Service Program.
We will serve meals at the following locations and times:
@ Clarence Street Church of God from 11:30am – 12:30pm
@ Seaford District Library from 12:35pm – 1:35pm
@ Blades Park from 11:30am – 12:30pm
@ St. John’s UMC from 12:35pm – 1:35pm
- We will be at each site for 60 minutes.
- Meals are for children 18 years old and younger.
- We will hand out nutritious lunch meal bags and a healthy, start-up-the-day breakfast bag for children to consume the following morning.
- The Salvation Army will provide meals for Seaford Meadows Apartments & Meadowbridge Apartments starting Monday, March 16.
- We will begin serving meals Wednesday, March 18th.
Students must be present in order to receive the food. Parents do not. This is the same practice as our summer food program.
This is subject to change as we continue. We will inform you again with any changes.
We will work to send home learning opportunities for students to take part in. This work will be a review of previously taught material.
We will continue to update our families through “all-calls”, Facebook, and our website.